Forum Discussion

MrDysprosium
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

WinError 193 after latest TestComplete update, python modules do not work with new update.

After the most recent update to TestComplete (Version: 12.50.4142.7 x64), my python tests are no longer able to use the module `fdb`.

This is the exact line of code that breaks:

with fdb.connect(dsn='<redacted>', user='<redacted>', password='<redacted>', charset="none") as con:

This same line of code works when run through the same interpreter (Python 3.6) via pyCharm on the same machine.

I've had to do some pretty dumb stuff to even get TC to see the module in the first place, seen here:

from os import sys
import os
sys.path.append('C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\Bin\Extensions\Python\Python36\Lib\site-packages')

Without that append to the system path, I get:

And, again, I get none of these problems when run via PyCharm on the same machine. I even have PyCharm pointed to the same exact python executable:

Any help would be appreciated, I'm shut down until this is resolved. Thanks!

• Alright, for any poor souls that are as dense as I....

The problem was my local install of Python 3.6 is 32 bit, where as I've been running 64 bit Test Complete... running the 32 bit version of TC allowed my 3rd party modules to work again.

Boy oh boy, what a waste of my day, lol.

2 Replies

• Alright, for any poor souls that are as dense as I....

The problem was my local install of Python 3.6 is 32 bit, where as I've been running 64 bit Test Complete... running the 32 bit version of TC allowed my 3rd party modules to work again.

Boy oh boy, what a waste of my day, lol.