Forum Discussion

PaulF
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TestComplete mobile testing scalability

Hi,

I'm running tests on full custom Android / IOS (to come) Apps and we're planning to have more and more tests. The time of execution will definitly grow, and we'd like to be able to parallelize the execution on different mobiles / OS.

I found a very interesting subject about mobile testing scalability. Unfortunatly it is almost 3 years old.

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Mobile-Application/TestComplete-scalability-vs-Appium/m-p/155174

so I'm asking to the community, 2020 : is this possible to run several execution at the same time with testExecute ?
This would requiere for example to split the tests into different test suites (how ? different testItems folders ?) or is there some sort of pre-designed function to do so ?

I could want to

• run a part of the tests on device 1, and another part on device 2 (parallel)
  • run all tests on device 1 with an execution parameter set to Android, and run all tests on device 2 with an execution parametre set to IOS

Any knowledge about that ?

• Running several jobs on Jenkins on one virtual machine with only one testExecute installed results in the job displaying a message in the log that says "o" during its work:

"I've detected a testExecute installation but it looks busy, I'm waiting for the job to finish".

and in fact, if he finishes the job A that took the process, then job B waiting for a free testExecute starts its work.

4 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hey, do you use a CI environment like Jenkins to run tests?

PaulF
      Occasional Contributor

Hi !

No, right now we're only using testComplete and testExecute only.

We just plugged git to it.

Wamboo
        Community Hero

Running several jobs on Jenkins on one virtual machine with only one testExecute installed results in the job displaying a message in the log that says "o" during its work:

"I've detected a testExecute installation but it looks busy, I'm waiting for the job to finish".

and in fact, if he finishes the job A that took the process, then job B waiting for a free testExecute starts its work.