Forum Discussion

salocorgan
New Contributor
14 years ago

PDA automation too slow

Hi.

I'm evaluating TC for my company. The target is Win CE 5.

I'm able to create and run test cases, but it's unusable - it's just so slow.

Anybody else find this?

Thanks.

5 Replies

• Hi Salo,

The communication mechanism used in TestComplete 7 is quite slow. We are working to make it faster in the next versions of the tool.

• Hi Salo,

We are planning to add the improvements to TestComplete 8, which is going to be released within a month or so.
    AlecTucker
    New Contributor
    Has this been improved? I'm evaluating version 8.20.538.7.

It connects to an emulator, but not to a physical device.

Uusing the emulator I can record a test, but when I play it back I get an 'Object doesn't exist' error.

I repeated these steps using the sample 'Orders' app, and opened the sample TC project. When I try to run a test I get:

Process not found.

- Additional information: Name = Orders, Index = -1

The object does not exist. See Additional Information for details.

- Additional information: You are trying to call the "ClickItem" method or property of an object that does not exist.

Order dialog not found!

- no additional information

Do you have a video any mobile testing to prove that it works?
  • Hi Alec,

Has this been improved? I'm evaluating version 8.20.538.7.

Yes, as compared with TestComplete 7.52.678.7, version 8.20.538.7 contains some improvements of the PDA Testing functionality, you can read about them on the What's new page.

It connects to an emulator, but not to a physical device.

1. Make sure that your environment meets the requirements from the Testing Windows Mobile Applications - System Requirements help topic. 

2. Can you describe the problem more specifically? Please post images that demonstrate the connection problems.

3. Do you use some third-party software that can communicate with the device?

4. Does disabling such software helps?

Uusing the emulator I can record a test, but when I play it back I get an 'Object doesn't exist' error.

First of all, try using the advice from the Handling the 'Object Does Not Exist' Error help topic.