Forum Discussion

vikram_u_k
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Method or Attribute Not Found for Python

Hi Support,

I am extending the functionality to generate a PDF using Testcomplete11.31. Using the Reportlab pdfgen example we are able to create a PDF using Python 2.7.

With 11.31, the python environment 3.4 is updated with the pdfgen module. However invoking the file from the Unittest generates a "Runtime error" for the Object Method or Attribute not available.  With the Watch window i am able to view that the method c.save exists and is in scope.

I am aware of this answer. Could any pointers be provided to debug this issue?.

baxatob
    8 years ago

Hi,

Locals panel provides local variables for your current debug scope. And according to this save is a variable, but you have called it as a method. There is something wrong in your code. Can you show the full code of your script?

5 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

Can you provide full code of your PDFCreate script?

vikram_u_k
      Contributor

Hi Baxatob,

The local watch window lists the method c.save. 

I am able to generate a PDF using Py2.7.11 but not using the Testcomplete IDE. reportgen package is loaded into the Python 3.0 folder in Testcomplete bin folder path.

baxatob
        Community Hero

Hi,

Locals panel provides local variables for your current debug scope. And according to this save is a variable, but you have called it as a method. There is something wrong in your code. Can you show the full code of your script?