Forum Discussion

hkap
Contributor
6 years ago

KeywordTests script does not display Checked-In symbol after I check-in my script

I am currently working on Mobile automation project and I have created few KeywordTests scripts using TestComplete version 12.5. Some of them uses Data Driven Loop in it which uses test data excel spreadsheet. Yesterday afternoon I removed this spreadsheet from my local machine and copy it over to the server. Also, I updated the scripts which uses data driven loop process so that it points to new server location path.

But now all the scripts which I have modified does not display little green color 'Checked-In' symbol next to it.

I cannot check-out or check-in any of my modified scripts. 

Does anyone know what is the reason why some of the scripts does not display little green color checked-in symbol in TestComplete?

Thanks

HK

6 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You don't mention which version control tool you are using, but generally they don't like for you to just move the code around to other locations. 

As far as your version control is concerned, the scripts that are on the server are new scripts because they are not located in the same place they were when you checked them in last.  

hkap
      Contributor

Thanks for your reply Marsha_R.

But I am still unclear with your comments. In my situation I have same version of scripts on my local machine and server.

I can directly modify the script using TestComplete application but it does not allow me to check-out or check-in my script. After I update a script in TestComplete the only way I can check-in is through VS TFS. I will have to further investigate the root cause.

Thanks

HK

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Same version on local machine and server does not matter.  Once you moved the file, you've gone outside the version control system and it's treated as a separate file.  

TestComplete will let you edit anything you can open in the editor, so that's not necessarily a clue.

Have you tried readding that script to the repository?