Forum Discussion

hkap
Contributor
6 years ago

In the Mobile project - is there a way to copy *.apk or *.ipa files on to some central location?

Hello,

In our company's mobile project suite there are 2 projects (i.e. Android and iOS). Each of my app package files are stored under my local machine directory. As long as I create a new script and run it from my local machine everything works fine. But if I ask my co-worker to run mobile scripts it fails with an error message: 'Unable to install an Android application package.' because the Android and iOS application package files path are different. So the temporary solution is to check-out and check-In TestedApps files on to each of my co-worker's machine.

My question is how do I copy *.apk or *.ipa files on to some central location path so that all my co-workers can also test and verify the scripts? Is it a good practice to copy these app files on to your local machine?

Is there any other suggestion so everyone in my team can access these app files (*.apk or *.ipa) from a central location?

Thanks

HK

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Just put your .apk/.ipa file(s) to some common resource (share) and indicate the path in the relevant TestedApp item.
    I see nothing wrong in this approach and consider it to be a good one.

The only potential problem that I can imagine (just because of lack of knowledge about mobile internals specifics) is that there might be problems with mobile application install from the network location. But this is a minor problem as you can always make a local copy of the installation file (check aqFile object for that) and do install from local folder.

hkap
      Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I am still investigating on the same topic.

HK

hkap
        Contributor

Hi Alex,

After I copy both Android and iOS files on to the server where all my co-workers have access. Now everyone in my team can run the mobile scripts from their local machine. 

Thanks

HK