cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am receiving an error when i'm attempting to install/open iOS applications.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am receiving an error when i'm attempting to install/open iOS applications.

Good afternoon,

I'm receiving an error when attempting to install/run/open the iOS application. I have instrumented the application using the cert files, and the process within TestComplete. I can open the application on the device after install to bypass the 'run application'. I can even record tests without error. When I attempt to playback the test I receive an error that the application was unable to be opened. It installs without error, and can be manually bypassed after the message. I am unable to to replay the tests at this point and cannot continue with testing. 

I saw a few other posts about this but did not see a solution available. I can provide screenshots if need be, or exact steps on how to create this. 

Please help!

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: I am receiving an error when i'm attempting to install/open iOS applications.

Hi chamilton,

The behavior you describe occurs when a tested application wasn’t built with the provisioning profile. Please check this. The "Instrumenting iOS Applications in Xcode 6" ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/75917/ ) help topic contains detailed instructions on how to do this.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: I am receiving an error when i'm attempting to install/open iOS applications.

Thank you. I am going to give this a try and see if this works. I also am working with someone at smartbear, they are looking to the logs for me. I'll get back with an update. Thank you again. Robot Very Happy

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Read the Latest News
JuneSCNJ