Forum Discussion

anhvu
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

Get "Unable to install the iOS application from the archive file" when install the app to the device

Hello,

I got the message "Unable to install the iOS application from the archive file" when trying to install the ios app to the device.

Instrumented process was done successfully.

Device was added in the provision profile.

I read "Instrumenting iOS Applications in Xcode 6 - 9" but we don't have the permission to access the dev source because we are in different companies.

What should I do to go over it?

Note: I tried to instrument another ipa app and it worked.

Thank you in advance.

Anh Vu

14 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

The best thing you can do is to get access to the source code :)

Otherwise your developers should have an access to the testing device. Ask them to build and run application on target device before archiving it (before creating the .ipa file). 

Also check certificates your developers used to build and archive the application for testing:

anhvu
      Frequent Contributor

As I mentioned before, we have no condition to get the source code or even the certificates from dev team.

Therefore, I have to use my own certificates and it works for some apps but not all.

baxatob
        Community Hero
        So ask your dev team to build an app using your own certificate and provisioning profile.

• anhvu wrote:

Hello,

I got the message "Unable to install the iOS application from the archive file" when trying to install the ios app to the device.

Instrumented process was done successfully.

Device was added in the provision profile.

I read "Instrumenting iOS Applications in Xcode 6 - 9" but we don't have the permission to access the dev source because we are in different companies.

What should I do to go over it?

Note: I tried to instrument another ipa app and it worked.

Thank you in advance.

Anh Vu

I'm in the same condition - can not get the access codes or the certificate from the developer. anhvu So have you been able to to work it out using your own certificate and provisioning profile? Let me know then I will get same done. Waiting for your response bro...

anhvu
      Frequent Contributor

It was a little fun.

I used my own cers and it did worked for one of my app but NOT for another one.

So I'm not sure that by using the cers which different to the one dev team using to build the app will work for you or not.

anhvu
        Frequent Contributor

So our solution is getting our own cers, then send our cers to the dev team so they can use our cers to build the app.