Forum Discussion

vikram_u_k
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Difference between Object Checkpoint and Property Checkpoint explained

Hi,

Am using testComplete 11.31 for Android. I have this query about the Object and property Checkpoint

The First Property checkpoint fails due to this Error:

Some properties of the object(s) are different.
Object name: Unknown
Parent object name:

Property nameStored valueCurrent value
EnabledTrueThe property was not found.
VisibleTrueThe property was not found.
Param1value = Objects.TextView_param2.Check(Aliases.Device.Process_Android.RootLayout.Layout_compressedparameterblockarea.Layout_monitoring_layout.Layout_Param2VitalBlock.Layout_NO_ID.Layout_Param2_background.TextView_Param2.mText)
Log.Message(Param1value)

How do i log the current value stored in the Param1value i.e the mText under TextView_Param2  ?.

The Object property passes and validates the mText.

aqObject.CheckProperty(NameMapping.Mobile.Device.Process_Android.RootLayout.Layout_compressedparameterblockarea.Layout_monitoring_layout.Layout_ParamVitalBlock.Layout_NO_ID.Layout_Param2_background.TextView_Param2_threshold, "mText", cmpEqual, "100")

The help files on the Application appear Hung. any suggestion/Links are welcome.

• In object spy you should be able to look at the mText and see if there is a child under it like Text or OleValue. Add that onto the string for Param1 and it will display in the log.

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    In object spy you should be able to look at the mText and see if there is a child under it like Text or OleValue. Add that onto the string for Param1 and it will display in the log.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

The first property checkpoint failed because of the "Object name: unknown".  If TC can't see the object, then there won't be any properties to check.

If you use Object Spy, can you find that object?

vikram_u_k
      Contributor

Hi,

I just need to get the Value(mText) of the Param1Value. ObjectSpy gives me the Path/Alias but not the current value.

In the Property Checkpoint, we check the Expected value and Actual Value. I just need the Actual value of Param1