Forum Discussion

Nessiogs
Occasional Visitor
5 years ago

Device loop does not return correct value for Aliases.Device.Name

I have a very simple device loop. And i have 2 devices connected to my laptop. One is an android device SM-G960W and another is an iphone.

The issue i am noticing is that, when i put a debug point on the Log message here and check the value of the following, they return different values. Since 2 devices are connected, the above test will run for 2 iterations tellthebell.

While Mobile.Device().Name is returning the correct value, Aliases.Device.Name is always returns the 1st device that i connected to my machine out of the 2 devices connected. In the case above, Android device is connected first and Aliases.Device.Name is returning the android device for both the iterations.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

First, I'm moving this thread to the Mobile discussion group here.

Secondly, I'm curious as to how the Device of Aliases.Device is mapped.  If it's generic, then it will grab only the "first" device.  You may need to define multiple nodes in your NameMapping to correspond to your multiple devices.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the suggestion tristaanogre! 

Hi Nessiogs , please share you progress so far. Were you able to solve this? Thanks.