Forum Discussion

sridhar249
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Device loop does not return correct value for Aliases.Device.Name

I have a very simple device loop. And i have 2 devices connected to my laptop. One is an android device SM-G960W and another is an iphone.

The issue i am noticing is that, when i put a debug point on the Log message here and check the value of the following, they return different values. Since 2 devices are connected, the above test will run for 2 iterations.

Iteration 1:

Iteration 2:

While Mobile.Device().Name is returning the correct value, Aliases.Device.Name is always returns the 1st device that i connected to my machine out of the 2 devices connected. In the case above, Android device is connected first and Aliases.Device.Name is returning the android device for both the iterations.

Any idea how to fix this issue? 

Thanks,

Sridhar.

• I figured it out. It is the issue with the way i did my name mapping. All good now. Thanks a lot.

5 Replies

sridhar249
      Occasional Contributor

Tried that. But, it still did not work for me.

I tried RefreshMappingInfo() for the name mapping item that i am interested in, which is a text field in this case.

Mobile.Device().Name prints the correct ios device name for me.

Aliases.Device.FullName still show the android device name. I expect to see the android device.

As i explained in my post, Aliases.Device.FullName is always disaplaying the device that is connected first to the computer.

I have also tried setting the ios device using Mobile.SetCurrent("ios_device_name", 1);

and performed RefreshMappingInfo() for the name mapping item that i am interested in.

but Aliases.Device.FullName still prints the andoid device.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Have you tried

Aliases.Device.RefreshMappingInfo() ?

Also, how your device is mapped in NameMapping?