cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use on-screen action on iOS notification dialog sheet in TestComplete?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Can I use on-screen action on iOS notification dialog sheet in TestComplete?

Hi,

I have an issue with creating properly my first test of iOS application, because when I start app, I can see first screen of my application with iOS dialog sheet:

AdamRyś_0-1594139724762.png

But TestComplete doesn't show me the exact screen which I have on my phone.

AdamRyś_1-1594139867865.png

The question is - Can Testcomplete somehow recognize iOS dialog sheets? Can I use on them on-screen action since this is also part of my application?

Thanks in advice.

Kind regards,

Adam

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Can I use on-screen action on iOS notification dialog sheet in TestComplete?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can I use on-screen action on iOS notification dialog sheet in TestComplete?

Hi,

Yes and TestComplete can recognize all objects from my application. The issue is, that when the dialog sheet shows up, then I can't see screen of my phone (with application and dialog sheet on it) in "Show Mobile Screen" option.

After I close dialog sheet I can see screen with application again.

Highlighted
Community Hero

Hi Adam,

This screen seems to be a kind of Windows UAC dialog that can't be processed by TestComplete. I seem to remember that there was a thread here that was about setting required permissions before the tested application starts in order to avoid dialogs like yours. The bad news is that I don't remember if this article was for Android, iOS or both. Another bad news is that I don't have the link at hand now. I will try to search for it but not earlier than on Monday, sorry for that.

Update: Found the thread: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Mobile-Application/Testcomplete-and-the-new-permissi...

It is for Android, but I wish something similar exists for iOS as well...

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that, it's nice to hear that this is possible. I would love to know similar solution for iOS.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors