Forum Discussion

ovmold
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Android application is treated by TestComplete as uninstrumented for Android 10 virtual device

Hello! 

I'd like to test an Android application by TestComplete 14.20.2175.7 using the Android Emulator with Android 10 (API 29). The TestComplete Android Agent has been installed. The application has been instrumented. But when testing the TestComplete cannot find UI objects (such as Buttons, TextFields, etc.), i.e. it treats the application as uninstrumented.

The same application is tested successfully by TestComplete with older Android versions. Does it mean that Android 10 is not supported by TestComplete 14.20.2175.7?

Thanks in advance.

• If you look a little closer on that requirements page, you will see that you can check earlier versions of TestComplete requirements by clicking on the version number link.  The answer to your question is in there.

5 Replies

ovmold
      Occasional Contributor

Yes, I know that it should be supported. But maybe there are some additional conditions of its support or requirements to virtual devices, etc. 

ovmold
        Occasional Contributor

Maybe the problem is in the TestComplete version.

I see such warning when installing the TestComplete Android Agent on the virtual device.

So, the TestComplete Android Agent supplied by the TestComplete 14.20 was not built for Android 10.

Then what version of the TestComplete is needed for correct working with Android 10 devices?