Forum Discussion

ashok_natar
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago

Android Testing - Unable to connect to device

After connecting to the testcomplete, i successfully louched the mobile but when i perform the click event its failing...

following error

5 Replies

NikitaPyatakov
      Occasional Contributor

Hi!

This bug is fresh for 3 years already, starting with TestComplete 10.30 or even earlier

Want solution?

Take absolute X and Y from the object, and then, divide modulo the width and height, add the absolute x with the width of the module, and absolute y in the height of the module and here's the coordinates where you need to send a click through command "adb shell input tap x y"

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Nikita,

(Please excuse me if I mixed up your name)

> This bug is fresh for 3 years already

Are you absolutely sure? Can you reference Support Case ID in order to let Support know?

Personally I am not sure about the problem because it is described exteremely poorly:

-- Subject says that it was not possible to connect to device (name and Android version would be a useful info), but the body of the message says about problems with clicking;

-- It is not clear whether or not the tested application was instrumented;

-- What type is the tested application?

-- What language/technology was it created with?

All at all, assuming you as a developer who was assigned this case, is it clear enough for you to accept it for processing? Are you accepting reports like this in the project you are working for?

These were the reasons why I asked for more details.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Can you provide more details:

-- What are you trying to do?

-- What code line fails?

-- What does 'failing' mean? (Message in test log, error screenshot, anything else that can help understand the problem)