Forum Discussion

JNaas
8 years ago

Android: Random crashes when using VBScript

Hi all,

I am currently trying to change my older project, where I used JavaScript, now to VBScript.

When using JavaScript my test case is running pretty stable at 15 or more iterations back to back. With VBScript on the other hand I am happy to get 1 iteration to run without crashing. Please note that the test case is logically the same in both languages. Only the syntax is obviously different.

Strangely sometimes the test is running, sometimes crashing at line that worked perfectly fine the iteration before.

The crash is so extreme, that I have to close TestComplete via taskmanager and manually reboot the Android device connected.
If an error occures withing JavaScript, the execution will just be interrupted with an error, that I can work with.

Any best practice for mobile testing in this case? Maybe JavaScript is the way to go?

Best regards

2 Replies

• Hey JNaas,

In our company, we use JavaScript as this is the language we (in our company) know the best among the other choices and we had no major problems with the Scripts itself except for our own homemade bugs :)

Regards,

vat

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

You can use any scripting language for mobile testing. Could you clarify what do you mean by "crash"? Does TC show the dumper window or do you get the VBScript runtime error in the execution log?

If you want us to investigate the issue, I suggest creating a support case.