Forum Discussion

pbdarwin
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

will Session Creator with TestComplete 12.6 version

Hi All,

Is any one using Session creator with TestComplete 12.6 version?

https://support.smartbear.com/testleft/docs/reference/session-creator.html

The web site does not show any content for 12.6 version still I want to confirm whether it is supported or not.

Thanks,

PB

pbdarwin
    4 years ago

I got the below reply from TestComplete Support Team

Thank you for creating the case.

The documentation article about SessionCreator is not available for version 12.6 because SessionCreator was officially introduced as a separate feature only in version 14.10.

You can see this utility in the TestComplete folder because, when TestComplete v.12.60 was released, the SessionCreator utility was part of TestComplete already, but it wasn't available as a separate feature and, as a result, wasn't documented. Officially, this feature is supported only starting from version 14.10. So, it can't be used in v.12.60 to run tests.

2 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

SessionCreator utility is shipped as a part of TestComplete installation.

As per https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/general-info/version-history/features-added-to-ver-14-10.html#enhanced-test-log-&-test-cases, the utility was introduced with TC 14.10. Thus I would not expect it to be able to be used with previous version of TC.

But you may try and I would appreciate it if you update this thread with the result of your attempt.

pbdarwin
      Occasional Contributor

I got the below reply from TestComplete Support Team

Thank you for creating the case.

The documentation article about SessionCreator is not available for version 12.6 because SessionCreator was officially introduced as a separate feature only in version 14.10.

You can see this utility in the TestComplete folder because, when TestComplete v.12.60 was released, the SessionCreator utility was part of TestComplete already, but it wasn't available as a separate feature and, as a result, wasn't documented. Officially, this feature is supported only starting from version 14.10. So, it can't be used in v.12.60 to run tests.