Forum Discussion

ml
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

visualization of test results missing

why there is no visualization of test results? anyone can help?

• If a keyword test is attached as a Test Item, it's already there.

If you are looking for information on a per keyword test basis, this is why I add my own custom logging utility to every project I work on.  This utility breaks up tests into "folders" in the test log to put all values logged during a particular test (whether or not it's attached to a test item or not) into these expandable tree views in my test log.  I don't do it now, but I know others who then also keep track, as their tests run, of the error counts and messages and build their own summary report at the end of things.  For me, when I run my tests in my framework, the SQL database that I get my data from has fields to record PASS and FAIL for each test that I run and I can run an SSIS report directly from SQL server to get my test run information.

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

..because that pane is populated if you are running things from the Project level as Test Items (Project -> Test Items or View -> Organize Tests).  If you are just running script routines directly from a project and haven't actually run a project itself, you'll get what you showed.  In this case a "Test" = a Test Item... if you're not actually executing a Test Item, you won't get that visualization.

ml
      Contributor

these tests are test items from my project. see screenshot

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

They may be test runs from your project... but you didn't actually run the project.  In other words, either right click on your project and select "Run", select your project and choose the "Run Project" option from the tool bar.  You can also get results by right-clicking on an individual test item (from your second screen shot, right click on any folder) and selecting the Run option there. Looking at your first screenshot, the logs are all based upon running individual script routines.  They don't actually show as "project" runs.

Check out my screenshot below.  I only have three logs in my project log that actually were run as project test items.  They show up, under "test name" as the JavaScriptProject.  Everything else is script routine names, keyword test names, etc.  Only those three runs show in the chart because those are actual "project" runs.