Forum Discussion

maxqiu
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

using docker to do database testing in testcomplete

Hi everyone,

I am interested in using the docker with testcomplete. I would like to if it is possible that I can use the docker to do the database testing in the test complete.

Thanks

• Is there a UI to interact with for Docker? If so, then yeah, you can probably automate it with TestComplete.

However, as the documentation notes, Docker is typically used in API testing strategies.  TestComplete can execute tests created with SoapUI for API testing so, you could create tests for your database via Docker using SoapUI and then have TestComplete execute them.

It would be helpful to have more detail as to what EXACTLY you are wanting to do.  As I'm fond of saying, ANYTHING can be done given enough time, effort, and resource.  The question is whether or not that investment is worth it for what you're intending to implement or if there's some better way of doing so.

3 Replies

maxqiu
      Occasional Contributor

I find the same thing, but I am not sure if I could test the database with Docker. There are nothing about docker and database. Thanks so much for the helps

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Is there a UI to interact with for Docker? If so, then yeah, you can probably automate it with TestComplete.

However, as the documentation notes, Docker is typically used in API testing strategies.  TestComplete can execute tests created with SoapUI for API testing so, you could create tests for your database via Docker using SoapUI and then have TestComplete execute them.

It would be helpful to have more detail as to what EXACTLY you are wanting to do.  As I'm fond of saying, ANYTHING can be done given enough time, effort, and resource.  The question is whether or not that investment is worth it for what you're intending to implement or if there's some better way of doing so.