Forum Discussion

Komal_Deotale
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

undefined: Automation server can't create object

I am getting this error since i downloaded the latest version of Test Complete. Earlier my script was running fine with 12.30 version. Please help me resolve this.

function CreateAutomationObject(strLibraryClassName)
{
// Variables
var objAutomation; // Script automation object

// Create script automation object
try {
objAutomation = new ActiveXObject(strLibraryClassName);
return(objAutomation);
}
catch (objError) {
Log.Error(StrTestID + ": " + objError.message);
Runner.Stop(0);
return(null);
}
}

Komal D

komal.deotale@emerson.com

tristaanogre
    7 years ago

Komal_Deotale wrote:

Thanks,

Now that I am able to launch 32-bit version, another problem I faced on one of the systems after upgrading the Test Complete 12.42 is that I am not able to see the CLR-bridge option in the Project under Default Project Properties on one of the systems.

Can you please tell me the cause of this and how to make it come there under Project as it is available on other systems by default.

I can think of two possible reasons for this.

1) CLR-Bridge only applies to desktop applications.  So, the machine that cannot see it, is it possible it is licensesd only for web or mobile applications and not desktop?

2) I don't know if TestComplete does this, but for whatever reason, is it possible that machine doesn't have the .NET framework installed?

This might be a better question for the support team.  Please message them directly.

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What's the class name you're passing in?  Is it possible that some Windows update was applied as well?   Also, by default, the 12.4x versions of TestComplete set up the shortcuts to run the 64-bit version of TestComplete so, if your class is a 32-bit class, it probably cannot be accessed.

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\bin you should find the 32-bit version of TestComplete.exe there.  Try using that and see if your code works.

Komal_Deotale
      Occasional Contributor

We are using the DLL library. I tried using the TestComplete.exe as you mentioned which is at location C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\bin but when I launch it open the 64-bit version.

How do I use the 32 bit version? Can you please give me detailed instuctions of where the 32-bit installer will be and what will be its name and to install it. DO I have to uninstall the 64-bit version? and then install the 32-bit version? if yes, from where should I do that? as the uninstall of 64-bit will erase all the testcomplete files.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If you run the TestComplete.exe that's in that bin folder, it will be the 32-bit version.  There is no separate installer.  The 32-bit version is just in bin, 64-bit version is in x64\bin.