Forum Discussion

mohanapriya
New Contributor
6 years ago

test execution stuck running

when i try to execute in test comple its working fine. same suite when i try to execute using test execute 11 its throwing error message as abject not exists.

refer the attachement

Full name

Sys.Process("MTENZView").WinFormsObject("OptionsFrm").WinFormsObject("uPanelMain").WinFormsObject("UltraPanelClientAreaUnsafe", "").WinFormsObject("uPanelControls").WinFormsObject("UltraPanelClientAreaUnsafe", "").WinFormsObject("uExBarRight").WinFormsObject("ultraExplorerBarContainerControl4").WinFormsObject("uExBarOptions").OutlineButton("Appointment")

three level

Setup-1

setup

MTE_Button_Three

NativeClrObject.Name,NativeClrObject.Name,ObjectIdentifier

OptionsFrm,uExBarOptions,Appointment

MTENZView

ET-31739

Sub MTE_Button_Three(Property_Name,Property_Value,Data,ModuleName_Datasheet,TestcaseDesr,Testcaseno,Process_Name,Testlink_Id)

arr=split(Property_Value,",")

arr1=split(Property_Name,",")

Set checkpoint=Sys.Process(Process_Name).Find(arr1(0),arr(0),100)

Set child=checkpoint.Find(arr1(1),arr(1),100) 

set Desc=child.Find(arr1(2),arr(2),100)

Desc.click

End sub

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Whenever you use the "Find" method, after performing the search, you should always check to see if the search was successful.  That's the first piece of advice I have with your code.  Find, if it fails, will return a stub object with the Exists property set to False.  You should always check that after the Find to make sure you actually found what you want.

What it SOUNDS like is that you're dealing with a timing issue.  Are the tests running on the same workstation, just different tools?  Even if it's the same workstation, it's entirely possible that they run at different speeds.

Try replacing "Find" with "FindEx" to actually add a custom wait delay to finding the object.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/members/common-for-all/findex-method.html