Forum Discussion

paulvinders
Contributor
7 years ago

runner async does not do anything

Hi,

we've installed TC12.3 and the call

Runner.CallObjectMethodAsync (<xyz>, "Click");

works fine with JScript, also with TC 11.

But...with JavaScript, the call does not do anything.

<xyz>.Click() works ok on the other hand.

Stopping the Execution of the test after calling CallObjectMethodAsync, the Click is performed suprisingly. Is the Call queued? Do we have to flush a queue?

We were advised to use JavaScript because of the many advantages and the newer Engine. But this is a blocker!

We have to open modal windows with the async-call.

Is there an issue with JavaScript and CallObjectMethodAsync?

sincerely,

P. Vinders

SOPTIM AG

Germany

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know if there any issue with the .CallObjectMethodAsync() method in JavaScript and you may consider contacting Support via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form.

> We have to open modal windows with the async-call.

Hera I can note that the .CallObjectMethodAsync() method helps to *close* some modal windows. To open any window, the regular <object>.Click() method should work fine.

nitz
    New Contributor

Yes  Runner.CallObjectMethodAsync with Javascript  doesn't work even on TC 12.5  . Tried different solution no luck finally used  the same script save as  Jscript and it started working 

kakabubu
      Contributor

Try contacting "SmartBear Customer Care" as it mentioned above. They will send you a patch. I've just installed it and after few testing, I can say that problem seems to be fixed.

nitz
        New Contributor

Good to hear issue is fixed with patch , then I will contact the support  Thanks