Forum Discussion

NisHera
Valued Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

remote desktop not identify user

In a AWS instant need to run test on remote desk top I used scripts mention hear..link    My script start as ...   CLS for /f "skip=1 tokens=3" %%s in ('query user %USERNAME%') do ( %windir%\...
    sonya_m
    4 years ago

Hi NisHera , I found your support case and see that you got a solution from our team.

Let me quote it here:

>>

Unfortunately, this is not something I can help you with as this is an issue with Windows, not with TestComplete. I believe your local IT team should be able to help you out with this.

However, quite often you don't even need tscon. This method redirects your session to console which has quite a small resolution. Depending on what you are testing, there is a high chance that your app will simply not fit into the console resolution, and your tests will fail. I suggest using SessionCreator to run unattended tests. It is capable of creating sessions for any users in the system. Note that this tool has a set of requirements that you have to meet before you can use it properly. The requirements are the same as for our Jenkins integration. So please go through this article and adjust the necessary settings (ignore Jenkins-related points).

<<