Forum Discussion

RichBopp
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

"How can I use the Task Scheduler to unlock my PC?"

So I read Smartbear's documentation regarding "Schedule Automated Tests" using the Task Scheduler in Windows 10 . As long as I do as they say and NOT lock my PC (because I'm testing the GUI) it works fine. 

BUT - my security team requires me to lock my PC every night before heading home.  I would like to set up a task to unlock my PC one minute before I have the task kick off the automated test I need to run every day which should  finish right about the time I usually hit my desk.

Anyone know how to do that?  Web searches have been fruitless, and the only other documentation on Smartbear's site is in regard to running on "Locked Computers"  which is not what I want to do.

RichBopp
    5 years ago

Gang - Thank you for your responses.  Between your comments and what SmartBear support sent me, sounds like my best option is to use one of our VM's.  Thank you for your time.

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

As a not verified idea: You may consider to use the RebootAndContinue() method if your test account is granted necessary permissions.

(Though usually it is more easy and reliable to have a dedicated not locked machine (with disconnected monitor, for example).)

RichBopp
      Contributor

Gang - Thank you for your responses.  Between your comments and what SmartBear support sent me, sounds like my best option is to use one of our VM's.  Thank you for your time.