Forum Discussion

RaviKumar98
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

please provide Basic Framework for Testcomplete

Hi All,

I need Basic framework for TestComplete. please share anyone.

Thanks

Ravi

• As baxatob said, the basic structure of TestComplete is as he described.  Any other "framework" design, structure, etc., is up to the user to develop.  There are MANY different ways of utilizing TestComplete... there's not one "basic" framework.

I would suggest, since you are a new user to TestComplete, to register for a TestComplete 101 class or view the recorded version at https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/training/free-training/.  There are also tutorials built into the help documentation.  

3 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

Start a new project and select "Generate the default content" checkbox. Then add a NameMapping to your project. That is a Basic Framework. 

Another framework content will depend on you particular application.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

As baxatob said, the basic structure of TestComplete is as he described.  Any other "framework" design, structure, etc., is up to the user to develop.  There are MANY different ways of utilizing TestComplete... there's not one "basic" framework.

I would suggest, since you are a new user to TestComplete, to register for a TestComplete 101 class or view the recorded version at https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/training/free-training/.  There are also tutorials built into the help documentation.  

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

A framework could be meaning different things.

for eg if you look at Selenium testing you have to build up everything from scratch.

and there are many support for building frame available in web

But in TC most of those  things ready-made.

Hence TC doesn't have such extensive framework support available.

But to have comprehensive test suite you need a base. as per baxatob tristaanogre  you have to decide what you need.

many factors like application, experience, expectation, need of institution/management play roll on that.

I would suggest read a bit to understand and have better decision. (Think ISTQB has some materials)