Forum Discussion

MGC
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

open TC& project, error message "Cannot load data for Web testing" - how turn off

we do not do web testing

Open TC and project

error message appears:  Cannot load data for Web testing

how can this be turned off?

thanks!

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of the Project Explorer content for your project?

Wondering if there is an icon that looks like 'orphaned' one...

MGC
    Occasional Contributor

attaching error message.  also a portion of proj explorer.  this is the only area that appears different.  a red arrow on Stores dir.  thank you,

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

> we do not do web testing

Regardless of wheter or not you do actual web testing, your test project includes web-related items that cannot be properly initialized because of the missed extension.

What I would recommend:

-- Start TestComplete;

-- Navigate to File | Install Extension... menu item and enable the mentioned 'Web Checkpoints' extension;

-- Close the dialog to load the extension;

-- Open your test project. It should be opened fine now;

-- Examine project item that was marked as Unavailable. If it does not contain anything that is required for your project, you may remove it from the current project (Remove, but not delete when prompted!).

Note: your project uses Stores item from the shared network location. I am not 100% sure, but would expect that removal of the web testing item from Stores will affect other test projects that use web testing.

You may check whether or not they are affected, but I think that it is more safe not to remove web testing item from the project, but leave Web Checkpoints extension loaded in your instance of TestComplete. (Memory and performance penalties should be minimal.)

-- Save and close test project if you decide to remove the item from test project. Extension may be unloaded after that.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If the Stores object is shared across projects, that may be the cause of the problem in the first place.  Some other project using that Stores object probably IS doing web testing or included the web related object.  This is one of the risks of sharing major project items across projects.  While it's doable and useful in many situations, doing such a share can easily cause these kinds of unexpected dependancies.

I would follow AlexKaras instructions.  That's your best path to correction.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Go to File | Install Extensions and make sure the Web extensions are turned on.  It looks like something must have been deactivated.