Forum Discussion

mvance129878
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

keyed Input doesn't record on keyword tests, but mouse clicks are- how do i fix it?!?

I've been using TC for almost a month now creating Keyword Tests and have not had any problems recording keyed input.  But the past week it stopped recording anytime I keyed in anything.  It only records mouse functions. I uninstalled then reinstalled and that seemed to have fixed it for a day.  How can I stop this from happening?  I know I can manually enter it in using the on-screen action but that's tedious, anyone knows how to fix this?

Example: 1. Clicking on a text box is recorded.

2. Entering the first name in the text field is not recorded.

sonya_m
    4 years ago

Marsha thank you for drawing my attention to this! I wasn't able to find a thread that would shed some light on this, but here are my ideas on how this could be solved potentially:

Hi mvance129878 !

1. Please make sure that you are using the latest TestComplete version (14.60).

2. Make sure you are launching TestComplete with Admin permissions.

3. Turn off the antivirus to check if it is interfering or add TestComplete to exceptions. 

If these steps don't help, then raising a ticket with Support is required to perform a deeper investigation. 

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

What version of TestComplete are you using and what browser (and version)?   

Is it possible that you had a browser update around the time that this started happening?

Once a test is recorded with the keyed input, does it play back correctly?

mvance129878
      New Contributor

I'm running TC 12.50.4142.7  

Sorry, I didn't mention this in the original post but I'm testing a desktop app, not an actual browser. 

If I manually enter the keyed parts of the test and run that test it works great.  But if I record the keyed parts of the test once I stop the recording the keyed entries don't show at all, only clicks.  

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

sonya_m I remember something like this happening awhile back but I don't know if I ever saw the solution.  I tried searching the forum but I didn't see what I was looking for.  It may just be that mvance129878 needs to upgrade their TC version, but could you see what you find?