cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is sharing projects in projectsuites supported in TC?

Super Contributor

is sharing projects in projectsuites supported in TC?

Hi,
I have following situation:
1. created projectsuite1, with 2 projects in it;
2. created projectsuite2, with 1 project in it;

Now I want to implement Keyword test from Projectsuite1, to Projectsuite2.

I selected "add existing item" , then the open file popup doesn't display the keyword tests, while these are located.

Is this use case supported in TestComplete?

Is sharing of projects across different project suits supported?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Hero

Re: is sharing projects in projectsuites supported in TC?

I can add any project to any project suite... that's supported just fine.  What you're doing is correct... but you need to understand that the "add existing item" is adding a file.  So, the keyword test you want to add is a file located on the hard drive, probably in a default location according to the project in which you ORIGINALLY created it.  So, to add it, you'll need to browse to it in order to select it.

Keep in mind... a Project Suite is not like an "application"... adding a project to a project suite does not automatically give all projects in the suite access to the same information.  The Project is the primary, the suite just organizes projects.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Community Manager

Re: is sharing projects in projectsuites supported in TC?

Thanks for your reply, Robert.

Mathijs, is your question resolved? If so, do you mind accepting Robert's reply as a Solution or posting your own?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the New Interview
APITestingMistake#2