Forum Discussion

msap
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

how can I get values from a grid where there are no wvalue,get rowcount,wcolumncount properties etc.

I need to get the divid from the grid. When I use spy , whole grid is selected , There are no properties shown.Screenshot attched.Is there any way I can retriev the value from particular row and column.please give suggestions.

• This may or may not work, but it's at least worth a shot.

Try adding the .Net property ClrFullClassName to your object mappings in your proejct:

Project Properties > Object Mapping > Microsoft Controls > WinForms > DataGrid 

You can copy and paste the value from object browser and click add class name, or use add from screen to add it with the object spy. 

I say this because it looks like this is a plugin providing a custom WinForms grid implementation. I have had to do this for several custom Java controls in the past.

More information about the process can be found here: 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/properties/object-mapping.html

Again, this may or may not work, but I have had luck with this procress before. 

10 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

There should at least be some basic properties available.  Could you post a screenshot of what does show?  Seeing the screenshot of the component doesn't really help.

You could potentially use Text Recognition or OCR to look at the values.  If nothing else, if you need to investigate just the contents, you could go with an image comparison.

msap
      Frequent Contributor

see below, I also tried to add the properties in objectmapping , but no luck.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

There's a ".NET" section showing in that screenshot.  What's available there?