cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I get values from a grid where there are no wvalue,get rowcount,wcolumncount properties etc.

SOLVED
msap
Frequent Contributor

how can I get values from a grid where there are no wvalue,get rowcount,wcolumncount properties etc.

I need to get the divid from the grid. When I use spy , whole grid is selected , There are no properties shown.Screenshot attched.Is there any way I can retriev the value from particular row and column.please give suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cunderw
Community Hero

Re: how can I get values from a grid where there are no wvalue,get rowcount,wcolumncount properties

This may or may not work, but it's at least worth a shot.

Try adding the .Net property ClrFullClassName to your object mappings in your proejct:

Project Properties > Object Mapping > Microsoft Controls > WinForms > DataGrid 

You can copy and paste the value from object browser and click add class name, or use add from screen to add it with the object spy. 

I say this because it looks like this is a plugin providing a custom WinForms grid implementation. I have had to do this for several custom Java controls in the past.

More information about the process can be found here: 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/properties/object-map...

Again, this may or may not work, but I have had luck with this procress before. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
tristaanogre
Community Hero

Re: how can I get values from a grid where there are no wvalue,get rowcount,wcolumncount properties

There should at least be some basic properties available.  Could you post a screenshot of what does show?  Seeing the screenshot of the component doesn't really help.

You could potentially use Text Recognition or OCR to look at the values.  If nothing else, if you need to investigate just the contents, you could go with an image comparison.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
msap
Frequent Contributor

see below, I also tried to add the properties in objectmapping , but no luck.

tristaanogre
Community Hero

There's a ".NET" section showing in that screenshot.  What's available there?

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
msap
Frequent Contributor

tristaanogre
Community Hero

This doesn't appear to be a web component.  This particular branch of the forums is for web applications.

This doesn't mean we won't help you... just pointing out.

The list of properties appears to be incomplete.  But generally speaking, TestComplete supports, natively, a certain subset of component classes available.  These supported classes will have those properties of wValue, RowCount, etc. Third party components that aren't natively supported may not have those properties.

That appears to be the case here.  This component is not of one of the supported controls.  This does not mean you are out of luck, it just means you're going to have to examine and investigate what properties are available and write your own script code to be able to interact with it.

As mentioned above, you can also attempt TextRecognition, Image comparison, and/or OCR as additional possibilities.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
----

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
msap
Frequent Contributor

can you please giva an approach to this?

cunderw
Community Hero

This may or may not work, but it's at least worth a shot.

Try adding the .Net property ClrFullClassName to your object mappings in your proejct:

Project Properties > Object Mapping > Microsoft Controls > WinForms > DataGrid 

You can copy and paste the value from object browser and click add class name, or use add from screen to add it with the object spy. 

I say this because it looks like this is a plugin providing a custom WinForms grid implementation. I have had to do this for several custom Java controls in the past.

More information about the process can be found here: 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/properties/object-map...

Again, this may or may not work, but I have had luck with this procress before. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped

View solution in original post

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi,

Additionally, you may switch to the Methods tab of the Object Browser and examine native methods of the given object under the .Net section. Hopefully, you'll find those that will provide you with the required actions/data. Better yet if you can talk to developers and ask them what control is used for this grid.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
msap
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much!!:) Appreciate this,Really helped, I was adding the plugin in Devexpress plugin which doesnot change anything in mapping. but adding the plugin in microsoft controls ahs helped me to add properties wvalue wcolumncount etc..Thanks Again!:)

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors