Forum Discussion

laxtc
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

context sensitive menu and object finder tool

Hello,

I want to see the properties of the context sensitive menu from the object finder tool. As soon as I click on the finder tool my context sensitive menu disappers that means I can't see the properties of the context sensitive menu unless I hold some key. I used to hold the control key in QTP to do this. Does testcomplete has similar or different key option? Please let me know.

5 Replies

• Hi,

You cannot do this with the Finder tool, but using it is not the only way to capture objects. See the "Object Properties Window" help topic for details.

laxtc
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,

Can you please be more specific? I am not able to follow in the help topic. They haven't given any information on context sensitive menu

For e.g.

I have to right click on the web and a context menu will popup. How do I interate through the items in the menu? I wan to see those object properties.

Thank you,

Lax..
    laxtc
    Occasional Contributor
    One more thing I forgot to add: I am not interested in recording the object properties, I want to know which unique property should I use for this menu items.

Thanks
  • Hi,

You need to act in the following way:

1. Invoke the menu.

2. Capture it using the mouse cursor (not the Finder tool) and fix information about it in the Object Properties window (Ctrl + Shift + A).

3. Copy its full name.

4. Obtain it by the full name in your script.

5. Work with the menu (click on it, etc.). If you need to obtain its items, they should be child objects of the menu object, and you can get them in your script by their names or text using the Find method.