Solved

cannot apply indexing to an expression of type vardelegate

return obj[firstPropertyName][secondPropertyName].UnWrap();

This is giving me a visual studio compiler error of

cannot apply indexing with [] to an expression of type var.VarDelegate

AlexKaras
    4 years ago

Hi,

Connected Applications are deprecated in TestComplete (though still exist) and might not be updated to be supported by VisualStudio 2019.

I would recommend to ask Support directly via the https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/message/ form and would appreciate it if you update this thread with the reply from Support.

4 Replies

tphillips
      Frequent Contributor

1. What are you trying to do? What are you trying to achieve?

2. Why are you compiling anything?

3. How does this relate to TestComplete?

Also, it is better to edit your original comment if you add more information (before someone else has commented) instead of writing a reply to your original message, so it still shows up as an unanswered post 🙂

chrislukasik
      Contributor

I am attempting to compile test complete code in visual studio 19, in the C# language.   This code compiles in visual studio 11/12. 

public string GetText(var obj)

{

try

{

var.VarDelegate varDelegate = obj["Text"];

return obj["Text"]["OleValue"].UnWrap().ToString();

}

This has a compiler error of:    cannot apply indexing with [] to an expression of type var.VarDelegate.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Connected Applications are deprecated in TestComplete (though still exist) and might not be updated to be supported by VisualStudio 2019.

I would recommend to ask Support directly via the https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/message/ form and would appreciate it if you update this thread with the reply from Support.