Forum Discussion

chrisb
Regular Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Wrong test results showing in QA Complete

Throwing this question out to the community as I still have no answer from SmartBear support after 3 weeks. 

It seems that when we schedule Test Complete test runs from QA Complete we get the wrong number of total tests, passed tests and failed tests showing in the QA Complete test run history. This only happens when we add event handlers to the project. It would seem that Test Execute counts the event handlers. I confirmed this by capturing the htttp post from Test Execute to the QA Complete server. The .mht log file is always correct its just the data posted by Test Execute to QA Complete that is wrong.

Once we remove the event handlers the issue does not happen. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks.

• Hi Chris,

Judging by the support case history, the Customer Care team is in close connection with you. I can see a dozen of messages between you and the team.

So far, they were able to reproduce this issue, and they submitted the bug report to the R&D team. Let's wait for the final decision from them. Perhaps, it will be possible to create a patch that solves the issue.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Judging by the support case history, the Customer Care team is in close connection with you. I can see a dozen of messages between you and the team.

So far, they were able to reproduce this issue, and they submitted the bug report to the R&D team. Let's wait for the final decision from them. Perhaps, it will be possible to create a patch that solves the issue.

chrisb
    Regular Contributor
    Thanks Tanya. My bad, I should have said that at the time of posting we had no resolution and not that I had 'no answer'.

As you mentioned the support team has been working with me on this. After some more troubleshooting it seems we may finally have the root cause and it is being looked at by SmartBear as you mentioned.