Forum Discussion

Lyna
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Working With TestComplete Java Application?

Hi,

I work with TestComplete for a few months and i really like this software, i feel like i can do everything i want with it.

However, I have to launch TestComplete tests from another application named Salomé TMF. This application allow to create JUnit tests and i want to call my TestComplete Suite or Project without having to open and close TestComplete for every new tests...

I read  "Working With TestComplete via Com" but it's only explained for C#, .NET and Visual Basic, is it also possible to do this with Java ? it would be so wonderful !!

Thanks,

Ell

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Ell,

As Java has a functionality to instantiate COM objects (via native CreateActiveXObject() function or the like) it should be possible to use it to start and control TestComplete via COM. You should look in the Java documentation how to create a COM objects (sorry, I'm not a Java guru) and then I think that VB samples are the easiest to be converted to Java.
    Lyna
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you for your quick answer :)
    Lyna
    Occasional Contributor
    It seems that COM objects are not in the standard java library but i found some other libraries like Jcom or com4j, i'll try to tell you if i managed to communicate with TestComplete via my Java application !