cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows waiting wheel in a loop while testcomplete software is running.

SOLVED
Contributor

Windows waiting wheel in a loop while testcomplete software is running.

My cursor displays a spinning wheel while running software. If i close the software this will stop so I have traced to testcomplete. I've been kind of just living with it but today i decided you know what i am going to ask around if someone knows what the heck is going on. I am running windows 10 business build 17134.112. Memory Available to Windows: 67,032,880 KB. Testcomplete is up to date Version: 12.50.4142.7 x64. Perhaps it's a configuration issue? It almost seems like it's busy with something in the background. Attached is gif of my cursor.

2018-08-28_08-56-40.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor

Re: Windows waiting wheel in a loop while testcomplete software is running.

I experienced the same issue. What fixed it for me was disabling the "support for Windows Store applications" option (Tools>Options>Engines>General).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Hero

My machine setup also aligns with yours and I'm not getting any hang.

Better, you can create support for your issue here,

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

Thanks
Shankar R

LinkedIn | CG-VAK Software | Bitbucket | shankarr.75@gmail.com

“You must expect great things from you, before you can do them”

Extension Available

Occasional Contributor

I experienced the same issue. What fixed it for me was disabling the "support for Windows Store applications" option (Tools>Options>Engines>General).

View solution in original post

Community Hero

@twice wrote:

What @twice suggests is a good idea.  If you don't need to test a Windows store application or microsoft Edge browser, it's best to have that option turned off.  Turning ON the option actually disables some functionality in TestComplete so, unless you have the explicit need, best to disable the option.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Contributor

This worked for me, thanks!

Occasional Visitor

Most of the issues are resolved with a simple restart, so just try restarting your system and if this does not do the job then try shutting down the services from the console window.

I am a Sr. Software Developer at Intelegain Technologies, a response is appreciated

Intelegain is a Custom Software Development Company based in Dallas, helping startups since 2004.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors