Forum Discussion

jthompson1
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Windows waiting wheel in a loop while testcomplete software is running.

My cursor displays a spinning wheel while running software. If i close the software this will stop so I have traced to testcomplete. I've been kind of just living with it but today i decided you know what i am going to ask around if someone knows what the heck is going on. I am running windows 10 business build 17134.112. Memory Available to Windows: 67,032,880 KB. Testcomplete is up to date Version: 12.50.4142.7 x64. Perhaps it's a configuration issue? It almost seems like it's busy with something in the background. Attached is gif of my cursor.

• I experienced the same issue. What fixed it for me was disabling the "support for Windows Store applications" option (Tools>Options>Engines>General).

5 Replies

twice
    Occasional Contributor

I experienced the same issue. What fixed it for me was disabling the "support for Windows Store applications" option (Tools>Options>Engines>General).

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

twice wrote:

I experienced the same issue. What fixed it for me was disabling the "support for Windows Store applications" option (Tools>Options>Engines>General).

What twice suggests is a good idea.  If you don't need to test a Windows store application or microsoft Edge browser, it's best to have that option turned off.  Turning ON the option actually disables some functionality in TestComplete so, unless you have the explicit need, best to disable the option.

SmithXavier
      Occasional Visitor

Most of the issues are resolved with a simple restart, so just try restarting your system and if this does not do the job then try shutting down the services from the console window.

I am a Sr. Software Developer at Intelegain Technologies, a response is appreciated