Forum Discussion

kjetil_jacobsen
New Contributor
10 years ago

Windows "Open File - Security Warning" dialog not registered during recording

I am testing the installer of our desktop application. Everytime we launch the installer there is first a Windows "Open File - Security Warning"  (see attached file) because Windows cannot verify who created the file.

When I try to record a keyword test the recording does not capture my click on "run" in the "Open File - Security Warning".

Has anyone run into this problem or have a solution to this problem?

(I managed to record it seperatly, but running the separate test does not actually perform the click and I also had no luck copying this into my full test.)

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kjetil,

You need to start TestComplete as an Administrator and launch the tested application via the TestedApp collection. This should help you avoid getting this warning.

Nformation
      Contributor

I would like to revive this topic, as I am getting the same issue. I am trying to run a .bat file from a network location and I get this message. I have not been able to figure out a way to skip the message or to have TestComplete click "Run" in order to continue. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

• Hi Tanya I am already starting TestComplete as an Administrator and launching the tested application via the TestedApp collection.

I think the problem is that the application I launch is on a network drive and thus I will get the windows message every time.

If there is no way to handle the windows message I will try and save the application locally on the machine.