Forum Discussion

oliverw
New Contributor
14 years ago

Windows UserControl not working correctly in Keyword Test

I have a UserControl with a DevExpress TextEdit control and a button on it, which i use in a number of windows forms. The button captures the text in the textbox, does some validation then raises an event.

During playback of the keyword test, i can see the text going in to the textbox, but when the button gets pressed, it thinks there is no text in the textbox and the validation fails. I'm thinking, although TestComplete has entered some text, the UserControl doesn't know it's there.

Thanks

1 Reply

• Hi Oliver,

There was a similar problem with Developer Express text boxes in an earlier version of TestComplete 7. If you are using a version older than TestComplete 7.52, I recommend that you update to v. 7.52 and check whether the problem persists in this version.

If the problem persists in v.7.52, try using the Keys action instead of setting the value of the 'wText' property. For additional information on the action, see the "Keys Action" help topic. To learn how to modify the recorded On-Screen Action operation that sets a value for the "wText" property so the operation uses the Keys action instead of the property, see the "On-Screen Action Operation" help topic.