Forum Discussion

Sananit
Occasional Visitor
7 years ago

Will Test complete work with desktop application developed using a language called 'SMALL TALK' ?

My current application is being developed using a language called 'SMALLTALK' 

Instantiations VA Smalltalk (formerly IBM Smalltalk)

i did see notes on :

Does smalltalk fall in any of the category below : TestComplete only supports Delphi and C++Builder applications that use VCL and CLX or third-party VCL- and CLX-based controls. TestComplete does not support applications built by using cross-platform GUI frameworks that render the application controls as graphic (for example, Embarcadero FireMonkey).

But i don't see any information to know if Test Complete can work with Smalltalk built applications. Can anyone help to identify or share any infor based on it.

2 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

I'm not familiar with this particular language personally, but I would assume it would down to what it is using to present the UI. Perhaps signing up for / downloading trial would be a good start. You could also open up a discussion directly with SmartBear. 

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

I'm with cunderw... I'm not familiar with Small Talk so I can't speak from direct experience.  My suspicion is that there will be some limitations of what TestComplete can do with regards to applications written in Small Talk.  You may still be able to use TestComplete but just not as an "Open" application.

Your best bet is to download the trial as recommended and see what happens.