Forum Discussion

ben_hansen
New Contributor
11 years ago

Wildcards in XML Stores

Hi,

I am writing keyword tests for a webservice using xml checkpoints.  It would reduce the complexity of the project a great deal if I was able to use wildcards in XML stores.

The situation is, I am sending reqests to a webservice, the response requires validation against a known existing XML, with one variable, there is a product key returned that changes with each request, even though all the other information is the same.  I have been googling for while, and it seems that ignoring parts of the xml are possible, which wont work for me, I just need to be able to use the single char wildcard ( ? ) for an XML store comparison.

Regards,

Ben.

4 Replies

flightvan
    New Contributor
    Please add another vote for implementing this functionality in TestComplete. It will be really useful. Thank you.

Ivan
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ben,

We have a suggestion to improve the XML Checkpoint comparison in our DB, and your request has increased its rating. Thanks!

• Has this feature been implemented yet?

I have a very similar situation.  I need to compare XML from an XML store, including attributes, except for 1 specific attribute.  That attribute will change with every test.  So, it would be best to provide a wildcard value in the XML store.  Or, to not have the attribute in the XML store and have the comparison skip over the attribute (since it is not in the store) while comparing the other attributes.