cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's purpose of Stores DBTable? and how to increase the performance if the DBTable have big data

tuanvinh1008
Contributor

What's purpose of Stores DBTable? and how to increase the performance if the DBTable have big data

Hi all,

I see in the TC have a Stores feature that is stored in TestComplete projects for future comparison and for creating checkpoints. In my project, I use DBTable to store data, but my data is too large and biggest (have more than 400 columns and a thousand records). it very impacts to performance of TC when I open it to developing or modify and running scripts. Anyone has a suggestion or any idea if I want to compare with large data without use DBTable or if use it how to improve performance?

Thanks,

Vinh

2 REPLIES 2
ebarbera
Staff

Re: What's purpose of Stores DBTable? and how to increase the performance if the DBTable have big da

Hi @tuanvinh1008 - 

Have you tried running a custom query to only pull out the pertinent information you need to validate? This may help cut down on the amount of data that TestComplete is trying to access and could help with performance. 

The SQL designer can be used for this - https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/checkpoints/database/sql-designer.html

Emma

tuanvinh1008
Contributor

Re: What's purpose of Stores DBTable? and how to increase the performance if the DBTable have big da

Thanks for replying. I will try it.

What are the differences between DBTables store and ADO library? when should we use DBTable? when should we use the ADO library?

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors