cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TestExecute is not working consistently

BallerSanta2
Occasional Contributor

Using TestExecute is not working consistently

I currently have built a test execution plan on my laptop, when I run it on my laptop via test complete, it does everything properly, and does not mess up. I have test execute on a virtual machine, with the same settings on the tested software, and further the same resolution, yet test execute is not doing anything that the commands have laid out for it to do. The little commands it does do, are usually small clicks, but on the wrong objects. 

4 REPLIES 4
BallerSanta2
Occasional Contributor

Re: Using TestExecute is not working consistently

Correction, TestExecute is not the issue, it is just not running properly on the Virtual Machine, I can't think of any explanation, as stated the applications settings are identical, and the resolution is identical. 

Marsha_R
Community Hero

Are you able to open TestComplete on the virtual machine and run the tests from the UI?  What happens then?

BallerSanta2
Occasional Contributor

Since it is a virtual machine, and TestComplete must be node-locked, you can't start it on a virtual machine, but I just now did the suite on a seperate computer with both testcomplete and testexecute and only the virtual machine is not seeming to work. 

Marsha_R
Community Hero

For your license, it may need to be node locked, but TestComplete does have floating licenses and those you can run directly on a virtual machine.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/licensing/how-to/general/using-testcomplete-on-virtu...

It is difficult to debug with just TestExecute, but what I might do is take a subset of your main test, including a part that fails on the vm, and see if you can narrow down what test actions are being skipped.  Post them here if you like.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements