Forum Discussion

heidi_n
Regular Contributor
11 years ago

Using Chrome 33 with TC9 - Patches? Object Does Not Exist

I am getting "Object does not exist" when trying to close Chrome 33, and I am using TC9. Is there a patch that I need to download?

4 Replies

• Actually, you're going to find that there's no patch for Chrome 33 for TC 9.x. You have to upgrade to TC 10 to get the recent browser patches (both FF and Chrome). We're in the same boat you are. I had to get Chrome 30 installed and not do auto-updates so we could still run tests with 9.31.
    Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    The very first thing on the link I posted says in big bold lettering:

Patches for Chrome version 32 and 33

So forgive me if I'm confused by your statement that there are no patches for Chrome 33 . Also I have installed this patch and I have no issues running web tests with Chrome 33. Now the html doc included with the patch download does in fact say Chrome 32, but rest assured it works with version 33 as well despite it's label.
  • That is correct, but if you read the table under that header in the Applies To column, it says "TestComplete ver. 10.0". There is no patch for TestComplete ver. 9.31. 

There was a stickied post from Tanya where she confirms there is no forthcoming support for Chrome 32+ for TC 9.31, but I'm not able to find it now.