Forum Discussion

dcfecker
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Upgraded from 14.0 to 14.1 broke all my tests and it will not complete a new simple test recording

Actually the version is 14.10.1042.7

Executed the detected upgrade today which resulted in the above version installed.

None of my tests get past the first button click. It tinks the button is located elsewhere (usually something overlapping it)

When I use NameMapping screen to chose a control and "Highlight" it it works fine and the image matches what it's highlighting.

When I use Object browser to highlight the same object, it "usually" works, but all the images from the image pane are completely wrong. All the way to the root object. It's as if it's only using a portion of the screen, or something with windows scaling is off.

How do i revert to the previous version so i can run/build my tests again?

• Update: 

I decided to drop the resolution to 2k and set Windows DPI to 100%

Then I decided to set the resolution BACK to 4k and leave the windows DPI to 100%

Both times the tests ran to completion. 

So there is a setting somewhere that changes how tests run with windows DPI set to something other than 100%?

9 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

You may need to check through your project settings and TestComplete options/settings.  Upgrading sometimes resets some of these settings.

dcfecker
      Contributor

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but I also don't remember what/if i made changes from default.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Just as a guess, I'm suspecting it will be in Object Mapping either in the project or in the main Tools | Options.  You may need to check what settings you may need to add back into UI Automation and other such settings.  Nothing major has change in those respects with TC 14.10 so there probably is some setting somewhere that was altered from the defaults or added to.  Without knowing more details, I cannot help further.