Forum Discussion

Jaswanth
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Unable to launch Test Execute/Test Complete from another Java Application(Non-admin) mode in Win 10

This issue is found specific only to Test Execute and Test Complete(both version 12). I'm able to launch any other application from my Java application(Also in Non-Admin) apart from these two. The er...
    tristaanogre
    7 years ago

All that code will do that you showed me is run the application... it won't execute any tests or anything like that.  I'm assuming you're aware of that.

In any case, go to Tools | Options | General... there's a flag there for "Enable support for testing Windows Store applications".  If that is checked, as per the help, you may have issues... see below.

With the Windows Store applications support enabled, TestComplete stops supporting several test features you may want to use:

• Automating TestComplete via COM (to do this, you need to configure your application in a certain manner).

• Running tests in Connected and Self-Testing Applications (the applications will not be able to connect to TestComplete).

• You may also experience problems with various tools that launch TestComplete via COM or command line.

EDIT: What cunderw mentions is relevant as well.  You need to launch the app as a cmd command line, same syntax you would use if you ran this under Windows Task Schedular.  Thanks, Carson!

cunderw
    7 years ago

Still though, the way you're launching is it not working, most like due to something with UAC like tristaanogre mentioned. The windows store application support could be to blame here as well.