Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get the exported logs in Jenkins

SOLVED
gc_com
Occasional Contributor

Unable to get the exported logs in Jenkins

Hi,

The Test Complete plug-in for Jenkins export three logs by default and the MHT format is configurable. I can see all of them for a few seconds in the corresponding folder on the Jenkins agent, but they are deleted somehow after a few seconds (I can copy them and they can be opened).

I tried saving them as artefacts but I have the following message in the Jenkins log:

ERROR: No artifacts found that match the file pattern "*.htmlx, *.mht". Configuration error?

Can the log files be moved somewhere by the plug-in? Where? 

Two notes:

1- I don't delete the workspace before the build starts or after.

2- I use the latest version of TestExecute on the computer that runs the Jenkins agent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gc_com
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to get the exported logs in Jenkins

Ok, I found the logs! In the Jenkins history list, click on the build to see the build results. There is an option called "TestComplete Test Results" that contains all the logs. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gc_com
Occasional Contributor

Ok, I found the logs! In the Jenkins history list, click on the build to see the build results. There is an option called "TestComplete Test Results" that contains all the logs. 

View solution in original post

nisgupta
Valued Contributor

How we can export the MHT log to wiki automatically ?

gc_com
Occasional Contributor

Not sure what you mean by "exporting to wiki". You mean to HTML format?

I'll attempt two solutions:

- In Jenkins, you must install the TestComplete plugin, and check the "Generate MHT log file" option.

- You can export a log using the options in TestExecute, but I never tried it.

nisgupta
Valued Contributor

ok but how can we do it automatically from jenkins to wiki and that too MHT report 

gc_com
Occasional Contributor

I don't see a direct way to do what you want. Maybe somebody else would have a solution.

Just an idea to explore: Maybe you can do it indirectly by importing the MHT file(s) into Jenkins as an artefact. If you have this file as artefact, then you can probably process it the way you want through scripts or a child Jenkins project. 

nisgupta
Valued Contributor

Testcomplete -jenkins plugin has the option to generate MHT file. If this option is checked then whenever we run the Testcomplete script through jenkins then it generate MHT file. No isses at this point. 

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors