Forum Discussion

cauline
Contributor
7 years ago

Unable to get Chrome test extension installed

I am unable to get the Chrome extension to install on a VM.  I was able to successfully install TestExecute (12.20.1005.11) and connect to our License manager, but I am unable to install and configure Chrome (v58.0.3029) on the VM.  When TestExecute installs, doesn't this install the Chrome Extension?  I did try to manually install by following: chrome extension .  However, this did not work.

Thank you,

Carey

18 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

but I am unable to install and configure Chrome (v58.0.3029) on the VM.

Did you mean that you are already running Chrome v58.0.3029 and you can't get the TestComplete Chrome Extension to run?  If you mean that you can't install Chrome, that's a different problem and probably not for this board.

If your problem is with the Chrome Extension, then:

1) According to the article that you linked to, it installs with Test Complete.

2) You really didn't give us many details about the problem.  What happened when you tried the install?  Were their error message?  Did it look complete and just not do anything?  Screenshots would be helpful too.

cauline
      Contributor

My Apologies.  I am not having problems with the Chrome installation, I am having problems with the Test Extension not installing.  I was not installing TestComplete.  I was installing TestExecute on a VM.  The Screen capture that was with the original post shows that no extensions were installed after installing TestExecute.  When I installed TestExecute, I thought the installer would add the extension to Chrome.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Chrome browser installed before or after TestExecute?  Keep in mind the notes in that article you linked to, that installing Chrome browser AFTER the install of TestExecute means that you need to do a "modify" install of the TestExecute installer.

Have you tried uninstalled TestExecute and reinstalling it after the browser is installed?

Verify, also, that your license for TestExecute includes the Web testing module, just to be sure.