Forum Discussion

handanu
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Unable to edit Combobox items' identification property

Hi,

I couldn't update combobox items' property in name mapping. When I rightclick the item in aliases screen, I get a warning includes "Unable to find the object that matches the "Radcomboboxitem123...." item". In the warning I click "Edit the identification properties of ""adcomboboxitem123...."", but the update name mapping window is empty except for WPFControlAutomationID. I want to add the text property.

When I use object spy-->point and fix, I could reach only basic properties, I couldn't reach advanced properties. I get the warning "Unable to show the advanced properties of the object, because the object does not exist..." 

How could i update this item's property?

Thank you.

TC version:14.20

13 Replies

handanu
      Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 

But I could click the combobox item. My test run successfully. What I need is, sometimes developers change the order of items, so I need to update namemapping. In this case i couldn't reach the identification property. It seems empty.

I guess I'm close to a solution. When I use Get Value operation, I could reach advanced properties unless it couldn't highlighted. Next step how could i add the property to item's name mapping properties.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If the test ran successfully, then there's no reason to update your NameMapping as that is what determines object identification.  If they re-order the items and your test still passes, then the mapping is fine as it is.  

handanu
        Contributor

I haven't chance to try yet. Because dev team haven't change any combobox item's property. When it happens, I'll write it here. 

Thank you for your support.