Hi all how can we can connect to oracle SQL Developer using test complete keyword frame work.
In what context? Are you intending to use the data in a data driven loop? ARe you creating a table variable based upon a DB query? Are you doing a DB checkpoint?
What have you tried? What errors are you getting?
Currently in manual sceanrio, We Take count of Tables using Oracle SQL developer and validate them. So my scenario here is to automate this process.
I have few queries which i need to run from test complete connecting to oracle Sql developer and get those count of tables.
So i guess i need to connect to DB for validating the count.
There are multiple ways to connect to databases as outlined here: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/advanced/working-with-external-data-sou...
Is there a specific issue you have connecting?
Did you find the answer to your question? Please share the solution with us.
Sad to hear this, @nav.
Could you please point out the step where you got stuck?
As far as I understand, you will need to create a data-driven test. Carson already mentioned the tutorial. I suggest that you go through it to learn how to implement your task:
No, Im still facing an issue and trying to get a solution
What "issue"? Are you getting an error message? Is there a behavior you're expecting but it's not happening? Is @cunderw correct that you're doing a data driven loop? Or are you intending to do a query and validate the results?
Depending on the specifics of your situation, different solutions are needed. The more details you can give as to what you're attempting, the better. It would be helpful if you can include screenshots and code of what you've attempted.
Note that, if you're not doing a DB Checkpoint or a Data Driven Loop, a direct SQL query against a database to bring back a set of results is easier to do using ADO objects and Script code. This code CAN be called from within a Keyword test, but the function should be written in the script editor.
I am trying to connect to oracle DB,
1. I have installed oracle ODBC drivers Version 220.127.116.11.0 - (Instant Client Package - Basic: All files required to run OCI, OCCI, and JDBC-OCI applications) and (Instant Client Package - ODBC: Additional libraries for enabling ODBC applications). And extracted them to one folder and installed as a admin.
2. I also created a tnsname.ora file with following info:
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ********************** )(PORT = 1520))
(SID = m******)
3. And also added a TNS_ADMIN in sytem variables and gave the oracle instant client files extracted folder location path
4. And went to path in system variables and added the same racle instant client files extracted folder location path
5. When i run ODBC Data sources(64 bit) and click add under User Dsn i get the below error.
I am not where is the mistake.
Is that error coming from TestComplete? It doesn't appear to be a TC error window so it seems that your problem is before you even get to creating the TestComplete connection.