Forum Discussion

neens
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Unable to Uninstall Test Complete

Hi,

I was trying to install TC new version 14.70.237, halfway through I got an error and had to reboot my system. But after that I am neither able to install the new version or uninstall the old version. I am not able to uninstall from Programs and Features also. Can someone please help?

The error is :

Fatal error

The uninstallation log is empty.

The installation program will be terminated.

I get the same error when I try to install new version or delete old version.

• Hi neens,

If the problem is still critical, here is what can be done to try to resolve it:

The developers have provided a few additional steps they would like you to try. First, try running the installer and select "Uninstall" when prompted. If it uninstalls properly, then remove any files that may be left in the installation directory. By default the installation directory should be in the following locations:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14

After removing the installation directory, try to install TestComplete again. If the uninstallation fails, then please try stopping the TestComplete service and run the installer from the command line with the parameter:

-cleanup

This should allow the uninstallation to proceed correctly, then try to install it again. If the original error still occurs after all that, then please run the installer again with the "-log" parameter, reproduce the error again and send the new log to the Support Team.

3 Replies

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you Marsha!

Hi neens! Were you able to work around this? I couldn't find your support ticket. 

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi neens,

If the problem is still critical, here is what can be done to try to resolve it:

The developers have provided a few additional steps they would like you to try. First, try running the installer and select "Uninstall" when prompted. If it uninstalls properly, then remove any files that may be left in the installation directory. By default the installation directory should be in the following locations:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14

After removing the installation directory, try to install TestComplete again. If the uninstallation fails, then please try stopping the TestComplete service and run the installer from the command line with the parameter:

-cleanup

This should allow the uninstallation to proceed correctly, then try to install it again. If the original error still occurs after all that, then please run the installer again with the "-log" parameter, reproduce the error again and send the new log to the Support Team.