Forum Discussion

cruzader
Contributor
13 years ago

Transfer License Manager to a different PC

I hope someone can help me on my query.

After buying 1 Floating License of TestComplete 8, I installed the License Manager

in the same PC where I installed TestComplete 8.  Now, I need to transfer to a separate network, and I also

need to transfer all my TestComplete scripts to another person in current network.  

Since my PC contains the License Manager PC, I need to uninstall this and transfer it to a different

PC/Server in current network so that other PCs with TestComplete may still run after I leave the current network.

Is my understanding correct that in order to transfer the License Manager to a different PC/Server, I need to perform

the "Deactivate License" procedure according to the SmartBear website?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ruel

7 Replies

Anonymous

Hi Ruel,

Yes. You need to deactivate the currently activated license, generate a new license key in your SmartBear Account and activate it on another computer that is supposed to be a License Manager PC.
      ray_mosley
      Frequent Contributor

We have a bank of VMs with TestComplete floating licenses. Our current license server pc is old; it is beginning to exhibit symptoms of imminent failure. I would like to have the License Manager run on one of our always-available servers. Is it really as simple as:

1. install the license manager standalone utility on the existing always-available server.

2. log onto each VM and use the sentinel utility to change the server IP from the old pc IP address to the new IP of the always-available server.

3. turn off the old license manager PC and set it by the road.

Is it really that simple?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Not QUITE that simple, but close.  You need to deactivate the license on the old server and re-activate it on the new.  There is documentation in TestComplete on how to do so.  Insert that into step 1a and 1b.

• Hello Tanya,

Thank you for the prompt reply to my question.

I will try to deactivate the license and transfer the installation

of our License Manager to a different PC.  I'll inform you

of the result. :-)

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ruel